Wednesday, July 9, 2008

From Margaret July 9

Hello out there! We are having a lot of fun over here if a bit wet...
We recently took a trip to South Wales overnight. The beach was great although a bit windy and the B+B had two large DOGS! One was a German Sheperd named Ocika (I think I spelled it right...) and the other was a Samoyed; her name was Cali.


We got to a coal mine on our next day which was very interesting! It was damp, dark and smelly, but very interesting. I never really thought about how dangerous those mines were...

School is fine, this Friday is my classes's big field trip to Chirk Castle, and we are all very excited about that! Emily and I recently got our school sweatshirts with their crest on it. I am excited to show it off when we get back!
Today seemed to NEVER stop raining. I heard that it was pretty warm over there! I hope that the Carters are doing well.

We recently did a bit of family history by going to my Grandpa's home town in South Wales. We couldn't figure out what house he lived in, though. If you want to know the name of the town ask my Dad.* I'm not going to attempt to spell these Welsh words...Except Llangollen.
We miss everybody in Jamestown! I sincerely hope that things are going well at the church. Continue to check our blog and make sure to leave a few comments as well!

Lots and lots of love,
Margaret
*The town is Caerau -- pronounced Ki-Ri, with long i's

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey I left a comment just like you told me to. Um so hows it going? Tell your family that I miss them and hope thei having a great time!!! E-mail me soon!!!
Maddie

Unknown said...

Hello Margaret and Emily and family :)

I am sure you are having a most wonderful time in Europe. My family and I are keeping busy doing work at the theatre and elsewhere. Your writing is wonderful Margaret. Please pass on my well wishes, and what a wonderful opportunity you are having.

Many smiles, I hope the rain has gone for a day or so, and much sunshine to you,

Mrs. (Beth) Strong :)

Nina said...

What a great adventure! Enjoy every minute! I can't wait to hear about school, and see your pictures.

Emily & Margaret, Let's go to lunch when you return!

Nina Karbacka