Wednesday, June 25, 2008

From Margaret 06-25-08

We started school today! I made a lot of friends with the girls in my class. My favorites so far are Kaitlin, Leah and Casey. They came over to us as soon as we got there to say Hi.
My teacher's name is Ms. Masters, and she's very nice. The children say their prayers before"dinner" (lunch) and before we leave school - but in Welsh. The teacher taught me a few colours in Welsh. One I haven't forgotten is "gwyth" - green. I don't even know if I spelled it right. For dinner we had two choices - cheese rolled up in a tortilla or noodles with meat sauce. I had the noodles.
We got to play outside a lot, despite the weather being cold and drizzly. For all of the kids reading this - they call Freeze Tag "Stuck in the Mud" and soccer "football" and football "rugby". It sort of confused me at first.
I miss all of my family at church dearly, and all of my friends from school. I will send you post-cards with lots of love.
Margaret

4 comments:

cali said...

Margaret,

Sounds cool. Well have fun in school.

Your Love school BFF,
Cali K

BarbaraB said...

What a great entry, Margaret! Sounds like you are having a wonderful time...how much longer will you be attending school?

Things are hot here - some rain, we actually had a LOT of rain this morning, but all is well. We miss you all terribly but know that you are having the experience of a lifetime!!

Take care -

Mrs. B (Barbara B.)

Unknown said...

To all the Williams:

It all sounds so awesome! I am enjoying the pictures and the blogs. Can't wait to read the next one!

Enjoy your time away!
Deacon Cathy

Anonymous said...

Hi Margaret (and the rest of your family),
Sounds like you are having a great time!!! Church hasn't been the same without you guys. Father Carter is very nice....boy is he tall! My family says "hello" and wishes you well during your trip. I will keep checking your blog...
Miss you
TTFN,
Maddie